Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Two Challenges in One (From last week)

Last week I incorporated two challenges in my tile: the Diva's Weekly Challenge #207: "UMT - Unbatz by Sandy Hunter, CZT" and at Suzy Mosh Creations: "That's New to Me!" Weekly Challenge #9: "H". In the second challenge we are to use at least one "New to Me" pattern starting with the letter "H". I chose to draw Half Onions by Livia Chua. Its the tangle strand in a half circle in the lower part of my tile. It reminded me of a necklace or bracelet. 

The tangle, Unbatz by Sandy Hunter is a very relaxing pattern to draw, especially while listening to classical music. I was listening to 
Maurice Ravel's "Bolero" while drawing Unbatz and the repetitiveness of drawing the shapes and connecting them went perfectly with the long crescendo in that piece of music. I decided to do a variation of Unbatz on my tile by drawing triangles in between the figure 8's. You can see the step outs to Sandy's tangle on her blog here.

I also incorporated other tangles in my tile such as Arcodos by Lianne Woods, CZT; Tipple, a Zentangle®-original; Mooka, a Zentangle®-original by Maria Thomas; and Copada (flower petals) by Margaret Bremner, CZT.

Pens: Sakura Pigma Micron pens (.01 & .005) in black and red

Paper: Strathmore, White Artist Tiles, 100lb.,  4 in. x 4 in.



No comments:

Post a Comment